Sunday, December 9, 2012

RI Modern Quilt Guild

I joined the Rhode Island Modern Quilt Guild which meets at RYCO in Lincoln.  I don't know hardly anyone's name yet, but here's some pics of the December 1 show and tell.  This first picture is Cindy Hamlet's WIP: 

Then:




There were lots of beautiful quilts, as you can see.  I'm sorry I can't give credit, but I will be getting to know these quilters, and I'm looking forward to it!
 Here's Carole Ann with some fun blocks.  I only got a pic of one, though.



 These next three are quilts from Jeannette Jacobs.  She demonstrated how to make these art quilts.  Absolutely stunning!  I hope to learn this technique some day.
 I should have taken notes as she spoke  :-(
 And a small wall hanging:

 These next two pics are Tara's.  She's only been quilting for the past year, and she's made 30 quilts in that time!  This one is so pretty, and she did curves!  She's going to show us how in one of our upcoming meetings.
 And here's the back:
I had a great time at the meeting!  Next month is sure to be fun, too, and I hope to get better pictures and give credit where it belongs.

3 comments:

  1. They're all beautful! I love the one with the rainbow lines that go backwards in the center column. That one is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're joining the MQG! Are you in on the Madrona Road Challenge too? We received our fabrics last week, so I've been trying to design my project. Such a limited time to create something great (by January 31). I hope you're doing it too. One learns a lot in a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!