Saturday, October 25, 2014

I love Anna Maria

Horner, that is.  She has such a way with colors in her fabrics, so rich and vibrant.  I decided to try to make a modern "blended" quilt.  Has anyone ever?  If so, I would love to see.  Here's the beginning of my attempt:
I'm auditioning these fabrics for the corner squares:
 or this animal print:
I should be able to find something that's perfect without going shopping, wouldn't you agree?
This is most of my fabric, but not all.  
I'm using this as my inspiration.  I love the Victorian romance of the quilts in this book.  
The book is "Blended Quilts" by Marsha McCloskey and Sharon Evans Yenter.
"16 Quilts Inspired by the 1800s"  
We'll see what I end up with :-)  Probably a hot mess!  
Have a lovely weekend - may you bless and be blessed!
~ Jodi ~
  



3 comments:

  1. I love what you've done so far! You really can't go wrong with the fabrics you've got there. Missed you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous so far. I have that book 'blended quilts'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt looks so neat. I haven't heard of that book before!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!